Laura Said, Reading Group Contributor 20 minutes Books, I advise you Vampyria Volume 3: Hurricane Court By Victor Dixen, published May 25, 2022 by Éditions Robert Laffont.
His favorite quote:
While the chaos makes my face shiver, her face gradually regains its Olympic calm. “On second thought, if that’s what you really want, Jane, I’ll comply,” he decides. He had regained his deep, calm voice and his famous restraint. “I would just like to admire you through colored glasses, that’s it. »
Why this book?
- Because during all of my reading I didn’t know what to expect. If we follow the main common thread with Jane/Diane’s voyage to the West Indies and her mission to recover the jewel, we discover other issues of Frond, slavery, or even the mystical arts. Even after the first two volumes, Victor Dixon still surprises me. When we think we know a character’s intentions, or at least have the answers, there is a shift that surprises us.
- Because I can’t say enough about author Victor Dixon He always managed to create and breathe life into his characters. They have satisfactions, emotions, and flaws that make them not names on paper, but real beings in their own right. A big crush this time around for Sterling Raindust, the English vampire whose actions seem as familiar to me as he surprises me with his decisions. Duality is very appreciated!
- Because I love the twists around Jane. She is a modern heroine who struggles to maintain her convictions and righteousness. While she was initially committed to avenging her family, her convictions to overthrow the king are now carried out to remedy the injustice in the world caused by the darkness generated by the Vampyres. In the court of darkness, Jane has learned to make quick decisions and run smart, but life in the oceans is not the life of the court. Will she find allies in the end of the world or will her secret be discovered by those around her?
- Because we are now familiar with the dark universe In this reign of Louis XIV and his court of vampires, the political stakes of the frontier countries and allies (the so-called) of the Kingdom of France are mixed with the history we know about this period. I really like the fact that you can find references to famous people (Marquise de Heatingon, composer Lully) or even learn more about the times’ issues with plantation slavery, and the battle of those who really wanted it abolished.
- Because the previous two volumes were very impressive and that this third volume marks the end of the first cycle of the Vampyria saga. But don’t worry… the sequel is planned!
The basics in two minutes
the plot. Sent as the wife of an evil pirate, Jane’s mission hides another goal, to retrieve a gem that would allow the Vampire King to survive today. Torn between her survival, her duty to the Frond, and the mysteries of a pirate, Jane will lead the toughest battle of her life.
Personalities. Jane Froidelac known as Diane de Gastefriche, mast for the king. Sterling Raindust, a vampire and double agent in the service of the English Crown. Bobby Castlecliffe, another English racer and Jane’s friend. Zachary du Grand Domain, Louisiana Square.
sites. After leaving the court of Paris, we embarked on the Atlantic Ocean towards the West Indies. This trip will make us discover one of the most mysterious places, with the legendary Bermuda Triangle.
the time. Year 300 of the Vampire Reign of Louis XIV.
author. Victor Dixon, author of Saga Phobos, Animale, Le Cas Jack Spark or even more recently from Cogito and Extincta. Focusing heavily on science fiction and fantasy, it tells stories in which factual, historical and fictional are intertwined.
This book was read with to bite. With this story’s focus on vampires or the other plots and puzzles that surround Jin’s world, we can’t help but get addicted to this story. Thrill and twists are always present in every chapter and we want more!
Buy this book on Amazon
Would you like to suggest a book that you particularly liked? Join our community by clicking ici
20 minutes of context
Some of the links in this article are sponsored. Every time you buy a book through one of them, we get a commission that helps us pay our bills. To avoid any conflict of interest, we have adopted the following method:
1. Section contributors choose their books, produce their files and reviews independently, without worrying about any links to be added.
2. The links are then added, each time we find the recommended product on one of our partner platforms.
Thanks in advance for anyone who clicks!
#Hurricane #Court #vampires #fear #storm