° Lean ground beef: 1 lb / 470 g
° Pizza dough: 1 (refrigerated)
° Lettuce: 2 cups (chopped)
° Cheese: 1 cup (grated)
° Onion: 1/2 c (chopped)
° WATER: 1/2 c
° Seasoning for homemade tacos: 3 tablespoons
° Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
° Tomato: 1 diced
° Uns-alted melted *butter: 2 tsp
° Sour cream OR taco sauce
HOW TO DO IT :
1. Before you begin, your oven should be preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, then line a rimmed baking sheet with the parchment.
2. In skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. After that, add the chopped onion and cook until soft (takes about 5 minutes). At this point, you can stir in the lean ground beef, then simmer until browned.
3. You will want to add water and the homemade taco seasoning, stirring until well combined, then reduce the heat and boil for 7 minutes.
4. Move the parchment paper to your work board at this point. Immediately place the parchment with the pizza dough and roll it out so it measures 10.15 inches. Using a pizza cutter, cut 1.5 inch and 3 inch slices around both long sides of the crust.
5. Ground beef should be placed in the medium batter. Coat the beef with 3/4 cup cheese, then add the diced tomatoes. To secure, fold the end up, starting with one end of the braid, and wrap the first two slices.
6. You can repeat wrapping just before the last two for the remaining slices. To protect the last two slices, fold the remaining end up and wrap it around.
7. Gently brush top and sides with melted butter. And I sprinkled the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
8. Finally, move the parchment onto the rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Always remember to let cool for 5 mn before serving.
9. Cover the top with chopped romaine lettuce and additional tomatoes for garnish. I always serving taco braid with sour cream & taco sauce.